Old June 6th 07, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Benindetto

Default Error message display driver igfx stopped responding

I think I have found a solution to a problem that plagues many players!

I too have been having a problem where about three mins after logging into
WoW the screen goes black for 4-5 seconds, and then continues to do so every
30 seconds or so.

Here are my system specs.

GTW GT5412
OS: Vista Home Premium 32-Bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 1.80Ghz
Ram: 2038MB
Video Card: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family.

I read all over on the internet trying to fix it, and everyone said to
download the 02/04/07 drivers from intel.com but every time I would run the
installer it would tell me they weren't made for my computer.

Here is how I eventually got it to work.

Step 1:
Download the 02/04/07 drivers from Intel (Version # 15.1) Put them somewhere
you'll remember. (Desktop)
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filt...eng&sType=prev

Step 2:
Go to [Start - Control Panel - Security - Turn automatic updating on or
off (Under Windows Update) - Select "Check for updates but let me choose
whether to download and install them.

Step 3:
Go to [Start - Control Panel - System and Maintenance - Device Manager -
Tell Vista to Continue - Display Adapters - Right-click and uninstall your
current drivers.

Step 4:
Restart your computer. When Vista opens you will get a message that it is
installing "VGA adapter drivers"

Step 5:
Run "winvista_151" (Driver installer you downloaded earlier)

It should work - and if it comes up with a "Unknown error" than just try
running the installer again.

It worked without a hitch for me, and for my girlfriend's computer too. Hope
it works for all you guys too!

Lemme know how it does for everyone, okay?

-Benindetto (Lvl 61 Dwarf Paladin ~~ Kilrogg)