Old June 20th 07, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

Default Bluetooth GPS works only one time

I came here looking for an answer to this exact problem. Has anyone figured
this out? I seem to have this same issue with the port for my PDA.

"Karsten" wrote:

Hi all,
I am using an Asus GPS-BT100 with Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007 on Windows
Vista on my HP Tablet PC. The PC has buildin bluetooth capablilities.

If I add the device in the "bluetooth devices", S&T can connect to it and
displays my current location. If I close S&T and later reopen it, S&T can not
connect to the device anymore. Although "Bluetooth devices" window says that
it is connected to the device! (It disconnects as soon as I close S&T!)

I tried to open the COM port of the GPS device with Hyperterminal but was
not able. It times out.

However, I can remove the device in "bluetooth devices" and add it again. It
then assigns a new COM port to it and it works again for only one time. Any
ideas?

Many thanks,
Karsten