Old June 22nd 07, 10:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
SapperPest19

Default "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have gotten this error after installing several different programs
so I can only assume the problem is with Vista Home Premium.

Here's one example of the problem that confuses me. I recently bought
a Garmin GPS. The setup CD had a program called nRoute. I installed it
from the CD. The last step of the install gave me the option to run
the app. I checked the box and nRoute worked fine. After ending the
program, trying to restart the program gives the error. I could
re-install it from the CD and run it fine. But running it by clicking
on the shortcut produces the error. I downloaded the most current
version of nRoute from the Garmin website and the same thing happened.
It runs fine from the installation but not using the shortcut.

I've tried searching for a solution but the only solutions I could
find were for XP or Vista Business. I have an HP Pavillion dv922us
running Vista Home Premium with 2GB of ram. I'm not sure what other
information might be relevant.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone might be able to provide.