Old June 22nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Malke

Default "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it inan unusual way."

SapperPest19 wrote:

First of all...thanks for taking the time to respond. I called Garmin.
During the conversation, I said something about comparability mode.
The guy said the version of software I am running was actually written
for vista. He also suggested running it in admin mode and that solved
the problem. He said that there are some issues with vista's security
that have to be worked out. I tried the other program in admin mode
and that solved that problem as well. Is there any way to set up those
programs to always run as admin by double-clicking instead of having
to rt click and choose it?

Cool. Thanks for letting us know how you solved it. Here's a link to an
article at howtogeek.com "Always Start an Application in Administrator
Mode on Windows Vista":

http://tinyurl.com/2fdbn2

And here's an excellent explanation of the UAC feature by MVP Jimmy Brush:

http://www.jimmah.com/vista/security/uac.aspx

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers