Little Blue Soccer Ball at Network Icon?

Old March 4th 07, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GR

Default Little Blue Soccer Ball at Network Icon?

What's the little icon which sits at the lower right hand corner of the
network icon? It appears and disappears randomly. When I drag my mouse over
top of it, it simply states that I am connected to the network. Perplexing,
since when it disappears, I am still connected to my network! I see it most
after a boot-up or a reboot. It just disappeared again.

I resembles a little soccer ball with two shades of blue!

I dunno...
Old March 4th 07, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David A. Lessnau

Could be the earth. Maybe it's symbolizing that we're hooked to the
internet. I've never noticed that it changes. But, if it does disappear,
maybe that means that even though you're still hooked to a network, the
network isn't hooked to the external world.

Old March 5th 07, 04:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Art

"GR" wrote in message
What's the little icon which sits at the lower right hand corner of the
network icon? It appears and disappears randomly. When I drag my mouse
over
top of it, it simply states that I am connected to the network.
Perplexing,
since when it disappears, I am still connected to my network! I see it
most
after a boot-up or a reboot. It just disappeared again.

I resembles a little soccer ball with two shades of blue!

I dunno...

It means your network has internet access. It is a globe. If it's gone,
you have local access only.

Art

Old March 5th 07, 04:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GR

That's the funny thing Art. I have Internet access, despite there being no
globe. Most of the time, it's always gone.

Cheers.

Old March 5th 07, 12:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David A. Lessnau

What's with the personal attack? I answered this with, essentially, the
same answer Art did two days after me. I try to be helpful and you respond
with name calling? Thanks a bunch.

Old March 6th 07, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GR

"stupid troll who smells of gengis khan"

Nice to see they have 12 yr old's active in this forum...