Backup Tool causes Blue Screen of Death - nvstor.sys

Old June 18th 07, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pittpanther

Default Backup Tool causes Blue Screen of Death - nvstor.sys

Any update on this issue? I am having the same problem with nvstor.sys ...

"BeanerECMO" wrote:

WVU (Build 6000); 2.40 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core (2 installed);
3.7Gb (4Gb installed) RAM; ReadyBoost 4Gb; GeForce 8600 GTS w/ 256Mb,
and found the blue screen of death also upon attempting to backup the
computer using WVU - seems to quite around 39Gb (of ~90Gb) backup
point.

Is there any update that MS has put forward as apparently Mr. B says MS
recognizes it is a problem with nvstor.sys?:frown:

--
BeanerECMO

Old September 5th 08, 12:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
looneybin

If it is any consolation i have just had this exact same thing happen in
Server 2008 x64 for no apparent reason. Damned if i can work it out...

--
looneybin
looneybin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/looneybin.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old September 5th 08, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT]

Since this is your boot drive, you probably won't be able to create a crash
dump file. If you can, please set your system to create a full crash dump,
and then email me and I will setup a link to a site for you to upload the
file.

At that point I can work with NVIDIA to determine the root cause.

Instructions on setting up a full crash dump:

My email: (I just created this alias, so it might take
an hour or two for it to fully come online).

Old September 9th 08, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
larue

I am having the same problems with my 2008 server and am not able to
figure out what is going on.

--
larue
larue's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/larue.htm

Old June 18th 09, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dragonmaster798

I am also having the same problem but heres what i've come up with so
far. NVSTOR.SYS is something to do with the NVidea controller. Everyone
that has this problem is the Chipset or Graphics card NVidea? My system
will run for days but when i attempt to watch a movie online and force
the accelerator in the graphics card its BSOD's. But i can watch a DVD
fine. i don't know. I work for a computer company and i cant even come
with a solution for this. Im using Windows 7 Ultimate.

--
Dragonmaster798
Dragonmaster798's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/106886.htm

Old June 18th 09, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

Windows 7 Ultimate is still a Beta. So expect issues

You can try and post this issue to the Windows 7 forum. Maybe someone can help you
there

see: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

--
Peter