Old September 1st 06, 04:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Stooovie

Default Video File Previews

I don't know what build are you using, but I don't remember Vista EVER
displaying first frame of video in thumbnails! Every build since Beta 1
shows randomly (I suppose) chosen frame, NEVER the first one like in XP.

"Tom Holmes" wrote in message
In Vista beta builds Explorer uses the first frame of each video as the
thumbnail video. Does anyone know if there are any plans to change this to
a little further on, on most videos the first frame is a useless black
image. Or detect the first frame when something useful is shown,

Cheers