Old July 13th 07, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
LoBi0

Default TrackMania Nations

Hi,

Even if you are using an administrator account, you have to right click on
the Trackmania Nation Shortcut and launch it with the Administrator option.

I tried it and that's now working

You have also to dowload the last star-force update here :
http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip

Have fun

"ccMatrix" wrote:

Terje Alexander Barth;122041 Wrote:
"Photubias" wrote in message
Usually starforce games don't work in Vista, but I found an official
StarForce driver to solve this problem
'About Microsoft Windows Vista compatibility'

(http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=957)
http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip

the driver installs perfectly however, TrackMania Nations fails to

launch...

Might require an update of the GAME as well as the driver.

Email them and ask them to use something that is more compatible
than starforce, or nothing at all so more people will buy the
game.

--
---
///Terje Alexander Barth

I don't get why the game has a copy protection at all since it is
available as a free download from their site. With the other TrackMania
titles I understand it but not with TrackMania Nations.

Thanks btw for the new driver link. I just had to boot into my linux
livecd to remove the driver TrackMania Nations installed which blocked
my windows from booting.

Greetings,
Benjamin

--