Old October 27th 06, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Roof Fiddler

Default "del /s foo*" doesn't work

What's the command-line command to recursively delete all files and
directories with names beginning with "foo"?
"del /s foo*" doesn't work.

Doing it using the GUI, with Start/Search and searching for "name:foo" and
then selecting all and choosing "delete", doesn't work, because I have
hundreds of such directories, and for each one Vista will grind away on my
disk for a couple minutes and then give me a bogus "This folder is shared
with other people--If you delete this folder, it will no longer be
shared.--Continue or Cancel" message and make me press "Continue" before it
will grind away for another couple minutes and give me another bogus message
for the next folder, and there's no "Yes to All" button, so I have to sit
for hours babysitting the machine and pressing "Continue" over and over in
order to delete all the directories.
So until MS fixes that bug, I need to do it from the command line.

So what's the command to do it?