Old July 16th 07, 06:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Default Unable to Connect 2nd PC with MN 500 Router

I've been using MN-500 Microsoft Router with Windows XP Pro. When I upgraded
to Vista Ultimate, the settings stayed within the router since I was able to
connect to it using the #1 of 4 Ethernet Connection port and login to it's
main page: 192.168.2.1. However, after upgrading to Vista, I am unable to
connect other pc's using the other 3 connections. There is nowhere within
the router itself to disable any of the 4 ethernet connections, and I am
wondering whether Vista doesn't permit me to connect my laptop.

Are there any settings that need to apply in Vista so I can use the
remaining ethernet connections of my router?

My main PC is Vista Ult. connected via Cable Router: Ethernet connection
#1 PC.
My laptop is Windows XP Pro and I'm trying to connect it via ethernet with
any of remaining 3 ethernet connections on the MN-500.
Since I'm able to connect to the internet and I'm able to go into the
router's settings via 192.168.2.1, should I still install the MSBN software?
So far the only option that requires the software is to upgrade the router's
firmware, but I had already installed the latest firmware for my router when
I had XP Pro.

Thanks in advance.