Old August 29th 06, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Chris

Default activation - please don't let this be true

Hi.

I clicked a link on Gizmodo.com today stating that MS is allowing 100k
copies of Pre-RC1 Build 5536 to be downloaded.

I downloaded just fine and did not see anywhere a place to register or a
place to obtain an activation key so I, (foolishly), assumed these copies
were somehow marked or tracked to bypass that.

Now I get the '14 days to activate' message and I'm at a loss.

Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to obtain a key? Is there a way
to rollback my computer to previous build (I upgraded),? Am I completelyl
screwed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Chris