Old July 19th 07, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
John S

Default Default Action for scan buttons - Epson Perfection V100

I have set up default actions for the scanner buttons in device events under
Scanners & Cameras in Vista Control panel, e.g. Start button to Start the
Program: Epson scan. However pressing the start button always prompts for
which program to run!

How can I change it so pressing the start button always just runs Epson
scan?

There are 3 possible actions for an event:
- Start a specific program,
- Prompt for which program to run, or
- Take no action.

It seems that the first available action also prompts for which program to
run, in exactly the same way as the second action. Is there any way make it
just run Epson scan.

John.