Old July 20th 07, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Default Reader

babykim4,

It's also possible that the drive is bad. Here is what a poster said just
yesterday:

" I have had two Lite-On SH-16A7S drives, and I have returned them both
to the retailer. With both of them I found a significant number of my DVD
movies were not recognised at all when inserted into the drive. [The discs
are perfectly fine, and are recognised immediately by my 10-year-old Hitachi
drive that has never had a lens cleaner through it since it was new]. The
Lite-On website has no downloadable firmware for this model (or didn't at
the time I returned the first one) and their technical support suggested it
was a drive fault and that I should return it. Either it is a fault with a
batch that the retailer received, or it is a problem with the design of the
whole model."

I just copied and pasted that. Don't forget to consider that possibility.
--
freddy

"babykim4" wrote:

I'm new to microsoft vista and Im having a hard time trying to get my media
player to detect my cd's. Please someone help.