Old August 29th 06, 10:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tonya

Default Promise FastTrak 376 ?

I have trouble with this controller on my MoBo as well (an aging MSI Neo).
By chance, I stumbled over a Maxtor SATA/150 card that is an IDE PCI card
with 2 x Sata and an IDE socket as well. Installed it with XP drivers from
Maxtor's site, and lo & behold it works. I'm running Vista B2 build 5384.
Hope this helps! Tonya From Norway.

"Jim Willsher" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if Vista will be able to run on the Promise FastTak
376 RAID controller? I'm currently running XP Pro on a SATA mirror
managed by this controller (on an Asus P4Pe board).

According to the Vista Upgrade Advisor, this is the only thing I have
that's not supported. But obviously it's pretty critical :-)

I'm surprised there's no native drivers in Vista.

Many thanks,

Jim