Old September 5th 06, 08:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim_Mac

Default any major problems?

hi jim, it seems like you're talking about IE7 rather than vista?
i don't really like IE7 at all, it still feels like a bit of an experiment
even though it's nearly out of beta. firefox is still a much better browser
in my humble opinion. Firefox was the original reason IE7 was developed,
because MS were rapidly losing a share in the browser market to it. perhaps
they have to make it slightly different for anti-trust legal reasons, and
they threw in some features that are unnecessary. for example the 'zoom'
feature in IE7 nearly always scrolls the page off the screen horizontally.
don't get me wrong, a tabbed IE browser is well past its due date, i just
don't enjoy using it, for some of the reasons you also mentioned below.

i hope they make the release version more customisable so you can control
all the features.
tim