SpeedBoost Drive

Old March 18th 07, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NicholasJohn16

Default SpeedBoost Drive

I just bought a 4GB Lexar JumpDrive FireFly, but I don't know if it qualifies
as a speed boost drive. Does anyone know if it is fast enough to run as one?
Thanks in advance.
Old March 18th 07, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Margaret

NicholasJohn16 wrote:
I just bought a 4GB Lexar JumpDrive FireFly, but I don't know if it qualifies
as a speed boost drive. Does anyone know if it is fast enough to run as one?
Thanks in advance.

I just bought a couple Transcend JetFlash 2A drives that are supposedly
Vista ReadyBoost capable. Vista reports both as not being fast enough
for the job.... :-( The question is, is this a Vista problem, or are
the drives really not fast enough. My guess is that they'll work after
a few more Vista updates.

Regards,

Margaret
Old March 18th 07, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Jain

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:38:53 -0400, Margaret
wrote:

NicholasJohn16 wrote:
I just bought a 4GB Lexar JumpDrive FireFly, but I don't know if it qualifies
as a speed boost drive. Does anyone know if it is fast enough to run as one?
Thanks in advance.

I just bought a couple Transcend JetFlash 2A drives that are supposedly
Vista ReadyBoost capable. Vista reports both as not being fast enough
for the job.... :-( The question is, is this a Vista problem, or are
the drives really not fast enough. My guess is that they'll work after
a few more Vista updates.

Regards,

Margaret

Are you plugging the drives directly into the MB or via a hub? My
readyboost drive would only work when it was connected directly to a
USB port on the motherboard. Via the USB2 powered hub, it was not
fast enough.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
Old March 18th 07, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dustin Harper

Plug it in and go to My Computer. Right click the drive and go to
properties. Click the ReadyBoost tab, and it will tell you if it was fast
enough.

If not, but you still want to try it, or see what the actual read and write
speeds are, here are some instructions on how to force it to use your drive:
http://www.vistarip.com/e107_plugins....php?0.cat.4.7

--
Dustin Harper

http://www.vistarip.com

Old March 18th 07, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Margaret

wrote:

NicholasJohn16 wrote:
I just bought a 4GB Lexar JumpDrive FireFly, but I don't know if
it qualifies as a speed boost drive. Does anyone know if it is
fast enough to run as one? Thanks in advance.

I just bought a couple Transcend JetFlash 2A drives that are
supposedly Vista ReadyBoost capable. Vista reports both as not
being fast enough for the job.... :-( The question is, is this a
Vista problem, or are the drives really not fast enough. My guess
is that they'll work after a few more Vista updates.

Regards,

Margaret

Are you plugging the drives directly into the MB or via a hub? My
readyboost drive would only work when it was connected directly to a
USB port on the motherboard. Via the USB2 powered hub, it was not
fast enough.

I've been plugging the drive right into the mb USB connector, no hub on
this laptop.

Regards,

Margaret

Old March 19th 07, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
just bob

"Margaret" wrote in message
NicholasJohn16 wrote:
I just bought a 4GB Lexar JumpDrive FireFly, but I don't know if it
qualifies as a speed boost drive. Does anyone know if it is fast enough
to run as one? Thanks in advance.

I just bought a couple Transcend JetFlash 2A drives that are supposedly
Vista ReadyBoost capable. Vista reports both as not being fast enough for
the job.... :-( The question is, is this a Vista problem, or are the
drives really not fast enough. My guess is that they'll work after a few
more Vista updates.

I have a couple 4GB Transcend memory cards which are rated at 120x but they
perform much slower than my professional Sandisk III and Lexar 80x cards.
word to the wise: Transcend lies. Sure is cheap, though! ;-)