Old September 6th 06, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
matasvytautas

Default VISTA KILLED MY BIOS...what do I do next?

What actually happened is as such, I decided to wipe out the hard drive and
did so accordingly. However, uninstalling Vista using this method did indeed
modify my BIOS. It could no longer find the hard drive. The fix was simple.
Flash the BIOS and everything works fine. When I wrote to this forum, I
though (silly me) that I would get a quick and accurate reply since my
problem was not complicated to resolve, but required knowledge that I lacked.
Since I am testing Vista and this is the place to try to find answers to my
problems (a bug in the OS if you ask me) then I tried to find the answer
here...but this is a problem that many people could encounter..and could
cause the same problems for them also. So that is why I pointed out the
problem..