Old September 9th 06, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sascha Benjamin Jazbec

Default Failed Driver Install after GUI loads

F8 on Boot - Last known good config.
F8 on Boot disable driver-signing check ( only in x86vista I think )

Boot via DVD and choose not install, but "repair options" - fix boot trouble
and so forth.

If all is not helping you will have to format / reinstall.

No virtual drive - Software is working in Vista ! No Alcohol/no Daemon Tools
etc..

Also certain Nero Versions do fail because of Nero Image Drive.

SBJ

"MDK" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I stupidly installed Alcohol 120 percent in Vista and now every time
Windows loads, it automatically tries to install the incompatible driver
and gives me BSOD. I can't get into the registry to stop the installation
process quickly enough after my desktop comes up. Is there anything I can
do to stop this installation routine? Safe mode doesn't help here, either.

System restore was turned off so that isn't an option. Any advice is much
appreciated.