Old September 19th 06, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ChrisP

Default SATA Drive problems in Device Manager

My 320 GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA shows in Vista Device Manager as "Having a
problem". Clicking "Hardware" Tab makes the tab disappear, and upon Reboot I
get the message that NTFS is corrupted and the DSKCHK has to be performed.
It happens every time after I boot into 64-bit Vista.
I am running 32-bit XP on the came physical drive, but in the different
partition, and XP has no problem recognizing the drive - the Driver is listed
as Microsoft.
My Chipset is VIA PT880 Ultra.
Does anyone have the same problem with a single SATA drive?
Thank you,
--
CTP