Old September 20th 06, 11:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cabogy

Default Video card selection question

I have a Asus P4P800E Delux, P4 3.2, 1GIG RAM and Radeon 9600 with 256meg ram
using ATI's Vista drivers and it works untill I reboot, then I get a black
screen with multi-colored lines accross the screen. I'm forced to restart in
Safe Mode and disable the video hardware and reboot. That causes an "!" to
appear next to my video card (in Device Manager). But at least I can use the
computer and reboot with no issues, however I can't change the refresh rate
nor use flip 3D or any other cool Vista features.
To be honest I think its Catalyst causing the problem.

--
cabogy

"Jim" wrote:

I have the 9500 and it works great.

"Tom Scales" wrote:

"cadle" wrote in message
Hello. I would like to ask what the -least expensive- video card that has
an
ATI chipset, which will run Vista (and Aero). I do no gaming, only minor
video editing. I mainly want something to run the Aero environment. Do
any
of the ATI 9xxx series support Vista? Maybe with only 128MB RAM.

Please advise. Thanks.

Sure, I know the 9800 Pro does, as I am using one. The X300 does, as my
laptop has one. I believe the 9550 and 9600 do too.

Tom