Old September 22nd 06, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
michta

Default GeForce 7600 GS on Vista 5600 (x64)

Updating the BIOS did the trick. Thanks JW.

There is no BIOS setting for setting the graphics, in fact Vista now doesn't
even show the onboard adapter, just the 7600.

Vista looks amazing and feels a lot faster now too.

Thanks again,
Mike

DIV"JW" > wrote in message
.../DIV My MOBO manufacture
released a new BIOS the same day RC1 was released so you
might check to be sure you have the latest from Gigabyte.
Do you have any BIOS settings related to which is your primary graphics
"card"?

"michta" wrote in message
I can't seem to get the Vista x64 drivers from NVIDIA working for my
Gigabyte GeForce 7600 GS PCIe video card. Initially Vista installs the
WDDM driver, but then disables the device (code 43). After I install the
NVIDIA 96.33 drivers for x64, I restart my computer and Windows again
disables it. I have a Gigabyte motherboard with the Intel 82945G chipset
and the onboard video works, but I'd really like to see RC1 with the
GeForce.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike