Old September 28th 06, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

Default a new monitor SyncMaster Samsung 205 BW - 20" and DVI

Use the one that works. It is a function of your video card.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"JerzyMarian" wrote in message
Today I have bought a new monitor. Fantascic. But now I discovered a
problem
with switching users. There are two acounts on may machine. When I turn on
machine ewerything start ok. I can see two acouts to log. I chose one and
is
ok. But when I chose "switch user" (to run the next acount) the screen of
monitor change to black and after 10 s. the computer starts reseting. It
was
with DVI connection.
When I have changed connection into RGB everything is ok.
Monitor's resolution - 1200x1024, refresh rate 60.
My video card - NVIDIA GeForce 4MX with AGP 8X (Mocrosoft Corporation -
XDDM) with RGB and DVI.
System - VISTA RC1 Build 5728, memory 1 GB.

Why?
--
JerzyMarian