Old October 2nd 06, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Eric Furness

Default NVidia 96.33 beta driver

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:10:33 -0400, "BChat" wrote:

"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:
"dev" wrote in message
/BChat/ said:

"dev" wrote in message

In the release notes it is states "This driver does not support the SDI
(serial digital interface)."

Is SDI synonymous with a DVI connection to the monitor - vs. VGA - in
this case?

If that is the case, it may explain why the NVidia Control Panel here is
devoid of many settings.
Did you try changing STANDARD VIEW to ADVANCED VIEW
on the top? Just a suggestion - no idea if it will solve your problem.

Yes, literally every menu option has been tested. Only "multi-monitor"
and "3D" configurations are present in the NVidia Control Panel; no
brightness, contrast, gamma, sizing, etc., despite the fact that HELP
suggests that they should be present.

Wish I could be of more help - I only have those options also.
On my XP Home drive I have the same two plus Video and TV
Good Luck...

Is your Vista monitor being driven digitally (DVI) or via a VGA cable?
If the former, that would tend to confirm my results. Thanks.

Digital

I am using 96.33 and a DVI connector on my 6800 GT AGP. All works
fine.

Eric