Old October 4th 06, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Default USB HDD volume is RAW?

It's possible the particular enclosure is
causing the problem. The first USB enclosures I
tried would not permit me to format the hard
drive in the enclosure. I sent them back for a
different brand and they work perfectly.

I just tried mine on both Vista x86 & x64 and it
works fine. The drive is recognized as NTFS
formatted and I can access the files. I also
change the drive letter to "U" as I have in in
XP & XPx64.

Matt wrote:
My USB drive shows up in Vista RC1 as having a RAW volume. If I take the
same drive and plug into a XP SP2 PC it is fine (NTFS and data accessible).
Any ideas?