Old October 7th 06, 08:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Capriman

Default Suddenly lost cd/dvd drives..?

Please can someone help with this????????
I'm having the same problem, however, Device manager will not even find them!!
They were working perfect in RC1 until about a week ago, then they just
disappeared?? I even thought about going back to XP, but cant find any means
of uninstalling RC1 and with no drives, cant just re-install over the top.
There is no way I'm going down the Daemon tools/ Alcohol 120% route again.
Hope someone can figure this out.
Cheers,