Old August 16th 07, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Default Vista with an HP5pse SCSI scanner

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:24:59 -0400, huwyngr
wrote:

In article , wrote:

Does anyone know if the Hewlett Packard Scanjet 5pse is 16 or 32 bit
device?

The original HP-labeled scsi controller card for it was 8 bit which is
probably why there were problems under NT onwards. But I'm not an
expert on all this.

You are not using a 64 bit VISTA are you?

No 32 bit. I am not totally nuts.

I have an LSI Logic PCI card on my XP system and the scanner with
Paperport works like a charm. The same LSI card is in the Vista
machine. Vista recognizes the card and installs perfectly. On the Xp
system I use WIA: Hewlett-Packard Scanjet 5p as the scanner and
everything works. On the Vista box you only see Deskscan 2.9. The WIA
never appears.

Thanks,

oldman