Old August 16th 07, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

Default Vista with an HP5pse SCSI scanner

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:24:59 -0400, huwyngr
wrote:

In article , wrote:

I am assuming through all of this that the scanner should not be
attached to the computer?

That is true normally with USB devices. With a scsi device it may be
different -- mine was attached and the scsi controller is detected
during bootup before Windows exists.

During the setup I only had the LSI SCSI card installed. After the
card was recognized I shut down and then connected the scanner. When
I opened Paperport the only device available was the Deskscan 2.9. No
other choices. I guess when I get a new all in 1 printer the scanner
will be dumped.

I am looking at a Samsung scx-4725fn model.

oldman