Old August 18th 07, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Solomon

Default Hard Disk went missing after installing vista.... Help

"MJ" wrote in message
i have 2 SATA HDD in my system, was using XP without any problems. After
i've
installed vista, only one is displayed. The weird thing is the "missing"
HDD
appears in my system bios and is even in the "Device Manager", but i
cannot
choose the "populate" option nor make make it appear under "Computer".

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you checked for any updated or Vista compatible drivers for the SATA
drive? If the controller is on the motherboard, you may need to check for
updated chipset or motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or
from your computer's manufacturer. If this is an add-in third party
controller, you may need to check that manufacturer's website for updated
drivers.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend