Old October 12th 06, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Browncoat

Default post iPod ejecting problem

I typically don't bump topics--but I am having the exact same problem--iPod
enters infinte loop once I plug it in. When it is done updating, it
automatically disconnects. As soon as it disconnects, it automagically
reconnects--therefore making it impossible to unmount it by any means oher
than yanking the plug.

"BrokeStudent" wrote:

Short-of-the-long... when ejecting my iPod from the computer, Vista attempts
to link the iPod back again... without success.

Two methods of ejecting which yield same results.
1) Go to "computer" and right-click on iPod drive and select "eject".
2) If iTunes is opened, press the eject button.

Problem: Vista will eject iPod, but immediately attempts to connect it
again. If you have "computer" file open to view all available drives, I then
see my iPod bouncing between "Devices with Removable drives" and "Portable
Media Players"... It is like Vista can't figure out which catagory to place
the iPod into.

Temp solution is to physicaly remove the USB cable from the computer. If
you leave the cable plugged in to the computer and remove only the iPod, it
will still try to connect it, even though it isn't attached. You have to
remove the USB cable.

Any ideas?