Old October 13th 06, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ldone

Default ess maestro 3i installation problems

Sadly, I can not help you as the same problem exists with my maestro 2 audio
card. The most recent driver that I could find was made in 2001 for xp.
Perhaps when Vista is RTM'ed then the manufacturers will make drivers for
our sound cards but until then it is XP for me.

"Azlan" wrote in message
Vista appears to be incompatible with ess maestro 3i soundcards. Driver
does
not work properly even in compatibility modes. I can get it to work
installing in compatibility for xp or 2000 but then as soon as computer is
restarted, the sound card is not functioning once again. Does anybody
know
of any solutions aside from getting a new sound card. This is the only
serious issue with vista for me so far and a big one for sure. I need my
sound...Would hate to have to reinstall xp just for this reason. Anyone??