Old August 23rd 07, 06:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David

Default crcdisk.sys and Vista Enterprise total system meltdown dell xps 41

Running Microsoft Vista Enterprise on Dell XPS 410 w/ Dual 250GB SATA drives
on internal Dell SATA (intel) RAID controller using raid level 1.

System ran microsoft update to install updates and i also installed the
update for the creative sb x-fi sound card that came with the system. upon
rebooting the system will continue to start loading and then restart. I
tried the system in safe mode and it got to crcdisk.sys and restarted.

I used my vista enterprise dvd and tried system repair and that did not
work. i then went back to the dvd and ran the system restore option to
restore to the oldest (1 week ago) option and that didnt work. I tried to
run the system none of the cards except for the video card installed and that
did not work. I went to the system recovery option and went into the
registry to see the last driver that failed and gave it a start value of 4 so
it would not work and this option gave the same problems. i then went into
the registry and gave the start value of 4 for the sound blaster card and the
nvidia driver and still the same error.

any ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated.