Old August 26th 07, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dame Celia Molestrangler[_2_]

Default 'Prepare This Blank Disc' Problem

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. However, I am really scared of
tampering with the Registry. Also, I can't actually see the string quoted on
that solution within the Registry. The next solution - this states XP, but I
am running Vista. And I am not getting an error code at all. Would that
matter? The third solution doesn't seem to apply in my case.

"Spirit" wrote:

Try these :

The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected after you upgrade a computer to Windows Vista

You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after

you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"

When you insert a CD or a DVD, Windows Vista may not recognize the disc

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us

"Dame Celia Molestrangler" Dame Celia wrote in message ...

PC recently purchased with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded. DVD/CD ROM drive
has stopped autoplaying, and windows explorer won't work on it (it will still
work on the hard drive though). A photoviewer, AD/CD will allow me to
see/explore the files on the disk, though. I have checked that the relevant
options are selected for Autoplay. I have tried uninstalling the CD ROM and
then rebooting, but although Vista goes through the reinstall process and
says it is OK, the problem remains. I have tried restoring defaults and then
rebooting - same problem. I have looked at the Registry entry but it looks
as though it is set to 1 (although I'm a complete novice). I'm completely at
my wits end with this one. Can anyone help?