Old August 27th 07, 04:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jane C

Default 4 Gig or ram- Only showing 3 gig

Hi Rob,

Yes, if DEP is active, then PAE is on. DEP cannot run without PAE being
enabled.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Rob" wrote in message
In the article I read about turning on PAE in a 32 bit OS it said this:

"On a computer that supports hardware-enabled Data Execution Prevention
(DEP) and is running a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system that
supports DEP, PAE is automatically enabled when DEP is enabled and, on all
32-bit versions of the Windows operating system, except Windows Server
2003
with SP1, PAE is disabled when you disable DEP."

My Vista system automaticly turned on DEP when I installed it and it is
running now for "essential windows and programs and services only" does
this
still mean that PAE is enabled and working now on my system?