Old November 5th 06, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

Default WinTV PVR USB2 and Vista X86

When I installed Vista X86 RC2 5744, it found and installed the drivers for The WinTV PVR USB2.

MC worked properly with TV, Radio and remote; however, I like the WinTV2000 app and the WinTV Radio
app.

I installed all the drivers and apps from the Hauppauge web site in the procedure described there.

Upon on the final reboot, the WinTV2000 and the WinTV Radio apps worked properly. I tested MC and
again all was well. I returned to test WinTV2000 and WinTV Radio -- the apps loaded, but there was a
transparent window in the TV and no sound, and the radio had no sound, but the signal strength meter
moved.

Yesterday, just for the hell of it, I went into Device Manager and had Vista update the drivers
automatically. It found and installed the drivers.
I tried WinTV2000 and got the BSOD. Upon reboot, again I got the BSOD. Booted into Safe Mode, and
found Vista had installed 2 instances of the WinTV PVR USB2. I deleted both of them. After
rebooting, Vista found and installed the device.

Now MCE TV, remote, radio, WinTV2000 and WinTV Radio are ALL working properly!