Cordless mouse Vista Home Premium

Old March 30th 07, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Moody Marco

Default Cordless mouse Vista Home Premium

Periodically my Logitech optical cordless mouse seems to stop working. The
red light is on underneath as usual, the batteries are fine, but the pointer
just freezes and I have to reboot to get it to work again.

My (corded) keyboard is always ok.

If it matters, the little transmitter box for the mouse is USB.

I never had this problem in XP Home, using the same mouse.

Dunno if it's related, but I sometimes have the same problem with my
Microsoft Media Center remote.

Thanks

Old March 30th 07, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kirk

I know it doesn't help, but I have a Logitech LX 7 and haven't noticed
anything. Except when my batteries started getting low, then things started
getting dodgy. I'm not sure though about the "red light" you report. The
LED on mine is green. I would think that red would mean trouble of some
sort.

Kirk

Old March 30th 07, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Moody Marco

"Kirk" wrote in message
I know it doesn't help, but I have a Logitech LX 7 and haven't noticed
anything. Except when my batteries started getting low, then things
started getting dodgy. I'm not sure though about the "red light" you
report. The LED on mine is green. I would think that red would mean
trouble of some sort.

The optical light underneath is ALWAYS red.

Old March 30th 07, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FLBuilder

Try reconnecting the reciever by clicking the little button on it. The mouse
should have a button too. Sometimes you have to reconnect the signal and get
a better lock on it, choppy signals can cause a choppy cursor!

"mikeyhsd" wrote in message
other then changing batteries anyway, how about relocating the xmit/rcv box
from back to front or other way.

Old April 2nd 07, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guess Who

Maybe the USB ports are going to sleep and not waking up? Have you checked
your USB port settings in Device Manager? They should be set to never go to
sleep.