Old November 13th 06, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

Default [off topic] TV card advice needed (UK)

In the United States digital over the air of high definition and standard definition TV has already
begun.
In New York City ALL network, independent and public broadcasting channels are broadcasting over the
air digital content.
High Definition, 5.1 Digital Dolby Surround
I believe that in 2008 analog over the air TV transmission will be switched off in the US.
Fiber optics are NOT required. I receive several 1080i programs, 720p, 480p and 480i channels over
the air.
On the other hand, my cable service ONLY provides 720p signals.