Old November 24th 06, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Synapse Syndrome

Default Vista Retail to ship with 19,500 drivers

"Mike Shepperd" newsgroups a t sunfiresolutions d o t com wrote in message
I've installed Vista gold on my Dell Inspiron 700M (which is almost 2
years old).
Every driver was available in-box with Vista except for the SD Card
reader.

I was amazed.

Yeah, I was pretty relieved at not having to install a floppy drive just to
install RAID drivers. Everything was recognised except the onboard wi-fi.

And yes, I know that you don;t even need a floppy, even when you do need to
add SATA/RAID drivers as USB flash and CD/DVD are now supported.

ss.