Old September 5th 07, 04:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Steve Mavronis

Default Quicktime & RAID Issues?

This "may" be the fix for QuickTime RAID errors in Vista in case it helps
other too. It may involve updating the Intel Matrix Storage software. See
this Cnet discussion link:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7588_102...236344&start=0

I'll post my question/concern here too before trying it in case any others
have be through this Intel storage update first:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/deta...032&lang =eng

I really want to try this as a Quicktime fix since I have RAID 0. One
question though. I'm confused with Intel's ReadMe instructions. Do I install
this in Windows Vista as any other App or do I have to do the F6 boot
method? I have an Intel 975X based motherboard with 2 SATA drives. I don't
want any storage patch to cause me to lose my RAID array.

I'm a bit leary about doing anything that may make me redo my computer from
scratch if it is not needed. I do have an external hard drive that I'm doing
full disk image backups too using Vista Ultimate complete PC backup. But I
don't want to do an unexpected full system recovery unless I'm forced to by
a RAID array or drive failure.

Note - there is also a Microsoft hotfix being tested that is by request
only. It is QuickTime 7 related, although not sure if it fixes the RAID
corruption problem in Vista that I'm talking about or something else:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932094/en-us

Steve