Old September 8th 07, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
P. Di Stolfo

Default Protection of folders

Hello,

right-click your original Program Files folder and click Properties. Go to
tab Security, and see which users have which permission. Now, right-click
D:\Program Files - Properties - tab "Security", and add/remove users and
change their permissions so that they match the permissions in the old
folder.

Hope this will help.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"ThosRTanner" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Not sure this is the correct newsgroup, but hopefully... I have a slight
issue on my vista PC with the hard disk - but I am a bit short of space
on
the C drive and have started installing stuff on the D drive. I created a
"Program Files" folder on the D drive to be tidy and started installing
stuff
in there. However, the protection on this folder isn't the same as the
"Program Files" on the C drive - I can go in there and create files willy
nilly, which is really not what I want. Is there anything I can do so that
it
behaves more like the "real" program files, and leaves the folder secure
(and
does that wizzy virtualisation thing when programs attempt to write / read
from it).

Thanks