Old September 10th 07, 04:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
masch6430

Default Deleting a desktop icon with sorce file removed

I used the "delete" functin for the desktop icon. I used the uninstall
function for the program.

"brink" wrote:

masch6430;447079 Wrote:
I was trying to delete ("get rid of") the icon on the desktop
corresponding
to a program I deleted. I got a message saying that the target file was
not
in that location. I know the file wasn't there because I deleted it.
The
icon stayed on the desktop.
Thanks

Marge

Hi Marge,

When you deleted the program, did you manually delete it or used the
uninstall program for it?

You might try pressing F5 to refresh the desktop. There have been
cases that the icon was actually gone, but Vista just did not refresh
the desktop yet to make it go.

Shawn

--
brink