HELP! I have no desktop!!! :'(

Old April 5th 07, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
spïrö

Default HELP! I have no desktop!!! :'(

okie dokey...

I'm not sure what happened, but if there is anyone out there with a
solution, i'll forever be in your debt.

I'll explain...

I was playing a game and got called away to dinner. When I came back One
Care told me that it just downloaded a new update and needed to install it
and restart the computer. It said that this would happen in 5 1/2 hours or
now (if i clicked now, which I did.)
The computer restarted and instead of the desktop appearing with the sidebar
and icons, it went straight into windows explorer.
Thinking that this was a bit odd, I closed down explorer to find that my
entire screen was black.
I couldn't right click
I couldn't use the keyb win logo key
nothing

I restarted the computer again; and again it opened up into win explorer.

I located programfiles/internet explorer and navigated my way here to ask....

Does anyone know wtf is going on??? ;'(