IEEE 1394 Devices not recognized in Vista Ultimate

Old April 5th 07, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ann Kennedy

Default IEEE 1394 Devices not recognized in Vista Ultimate

If someone knows what I ought to be doing to get these devices recognized,
please, please speak up. All of my IEEE 1394 devices work perfectly in
Windows XP Pro, which I am dual booting in another partition. Can you point
me to a place where I can get information to figure this out? Do I need to
add or turn on a Service? Anybody else have iLink/Firewire/IEEE 1394
working?

Old April 6th 07, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
HDFatBoy2003

Only to provide hope ... It does work, native support in Vista, so I doubt
I'll be of any assistance. I have three different camcorders and an
external hard drive connected via firewire.

Are you running x64 or x86? x64 has little or no drivers for camcorders (at
least not for my FX1, HC7 or TVR33). x64 did recognize my LaCie hard drive.
x86 recognizes all my camcorders and the LaCie drive.

t...

Old April 6th 07, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ann Kennedy

I'm running x86. My Sony DVD burner and two external hard disks and Epson
R800 printer all run natively in XP Pro. No drivers asked for either in
Vista Ultimate, but there's an entry in Device Manager for a IEEE 1394
controllerwhich is also in Pro. All devices work with a USB cable.

Old April 7th 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
HDFatBoy2003

So are you saying that your 1394 controller is not recognized in Vista? Try
right clicking on the controller and updating the drivers. Otherwise you'll
have to figure out you the manufacturer of the 1394 chip is and see if they
have Vista drivers available.