Old September 19th 07, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
AJ's Mail

Default Windows Defender?

A lot feel that defender may provide some protecion against spyware and
malware but may have issues with the threat of viruses in the wild..Norton
is a good choice. if it hasn't caused you any issues. If i may suggest
register the program to fully protect you from advanced virus signatures out
there

"djkrus" wrote in message
My Acer with Windows Home Premium came with Windows Defender. I loaded a
90
free trial of Norton Protection Center at the suggestion of the Geek
Squad.
The free part is ending soon. I have not had any problems. Do I really
need
any protection other than Defender?
--
thanks for any help.