Old September 20th 07, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Kevin

Default Recommendations for Motherboards with TPMs (to enable BitLocker)

I am interested in building a new PC and would like to build it on a
motherboard that has a TPM 1.2 module so that I can enable BitLocker with a
TPM. I am having difficulting identifying desktop motherboards that have
onboard TPMs. Can anyone point me to a list of motherboards that have TPMs
and are recommended for use with Vista Ultimate?

My current PC is built on the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe motherboard. Being familir
with ASUS motherboards, I did search the ASUS site and identified some TPM
"ready" motherboards, which state that the TPM must be purchased separately.
It is not obvious how/where I would be able to purchase the TPM module and
how I would ensure compatibility. So, I would prefer to identify a
motherboard that has the TPM soldered to the board rather than just a header
that will accept some module of questionable availablitily and questionable
compatibility.

Alternatively, if anyone has tried implementing BitLocker on the A8V-E
Deluxe motherboard with no TPM, please let me know whether you were
successful. I am uncertain whether this motherboard supports USB at the BIOS
level.

Suggestions and sage advide welcome !!