Old September 21st 07, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peter

Default What Graphics card

You got any friends..relatives..aquaintances that you trust over in the new
country???
peter
"Craig008" wrote in message
do u know of any way to get one shipped across, it most likley still be
cheaper
--
grapes

"peter" wrote:

Christ..thats 418.00 Can $$...........over here an EVGA 8800GTS 320mb is
going for $289.00 after a $30 rebate....
I hear there is a newer Nvidea card coming soon..I am waiting for that to
see if the 8800 then drops in price.
I am still using a 7800 GT........
peter
"Craig008" wrote in message
Think i will be getting nvidia most likley the slightly cheaper 8600
series
£209 is the cheapest 8800 series i hae found
--
grapes

"peter" wrote:

here is a little article on it
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/486/2/
and here is a little HD comparison of ATI vs Nvidea
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3047

peter
"Craig008" wrote in message
Yeh my local computer store said the same thing tday, as long as it
can
handle 2 screen and HD video it will be fine
--
grapes

"peter" wrote:

If the 8800's are to expensive then you should look at the
8600.......they
are actually more video friendly
peter
"Craig008" wrote in message
i am looking at upgrading my graphics card due to the lack of
power
in
my
current one. The are somethings i need to it to do including Hi
res
Mpeg
4,
HDTV out (i have DVI to HDMI adaptor) run two screens at once,
and
fit
in
PCI-E port, i would prefer nvidia card but am open to
suggestions.
apparently
the 8800 series works well in this application but a tad
expensive
--
grapes