Old October 3rd 07, 06:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Booe G[_2_]

Default Missing DVD/CD drives? Here's a clue. Let's beat this by teamw

"Bo;;oe G" wrote:

"Bill Hill" wrote:

So you have trouble with your optical drive. The knee-jerk response is "fix
the filters dummy" right? (KB929461)
If you see no CD/DVD in Device Manager or My Computer, and Windows Update please tell me how to get to the REGDT
doesn't help, try this:

While in REGEDT, same key, change the value of the last 2 items
(SilentInstall is one) from 1 to 0. Turns out, it forces the DVD driver
operation into the open.
Then Control Panel, Add Hardware, choose CD/DVD drive (which NOW appears on
the list!!) and proceed, IF you have a driver.

I don't have a HP DVD1040i or Plextor PC-800A driver. Can someone help me
get one? HP's website is nearly hopeless, you can BUY the drive, but not get
close to the driver without a lot of mucking about.

I need a driver for Vista 64 (Home Premium). Hope I helped you.
Thanks!