Old October 3rd 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Miles Emerson

Default CPU and Ram allocations

I have recently built a system using the ABIT Fatal1ty F-I90HD motherboard
with an Intel LGA 775 2.4 GHz, 1066FSB processor. My system keeps rebooting
randomly or freezing. What I have noticed is that my RAM is not utilized
above 50% (I have 2GB) while my processor is running at 80 to 95% capacity
right before a reboot.

Question: is it possible to set the system (via Vista) to use more RAM and
less processor for running applications? I'm also having issues with video
images blacking out but cannot find where to increase memory allocations for
video either (although, having iTunes appear in black when the memory has
only started may indicate a flaw with the board).

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Miles