Looking for a motherboad advice

Old April 15th 07, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sall

Default Looking for a motherboad advice

I want advice from an intelligent who could advise me with a motherboard
which has the best feature, which suite Vista with out any problem witch is
causing me now with the motherboard I have, what I am looking for is a
motherboard witch it could accept the feature I have:

1- P4 3.8 GHz.
2- 4 GB of memory
3- Dul 16 PCI of graphic card

Old April 16th 07, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Drew

What socket is your P4 processor and what brand of pci video cards ?? Nvidia
or Ati ?? Posting these will get you answers quicker.....

news

Old April 16th 07, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pvdg42

"Sall" wrote in message
news
I want advice from an intelligent who could advise me with a motherboard
which has the best feature, which suite Vista with out any problem witch
is
causing me now with the motherboard I have, what I am looking for is a
motherboard witch it could accept the feature I have:

1- P4 3.8 GHz.
2- 4 GB of memory
3- Dul 16 PCI of graphic card

In general, look for something certified by the manufacturer as
Vista-compatible.
Asus, for example makes several boards that are so-certified.

I recently built a PC based on an Asus M2N-E (of no interest to you as it
uses an AMD CPU), that Asus certified as Vista-compatible. The Vista (x86)
install process was smooth as silk with no driver issues at all.

Check the Asus site (and other manufacturers - Abit, Epox, MSI, Biostar,
etc.) for a board suitable for your existing hardware.

http://www.asus.com

Old April 16th 07, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sall

I want advice from an intelligent who could advise me with a motherboard
which has the best feature, which suite Vista with out any problem witch is
causing me now with the motherboard I have, what I am looking for is a
motherboard witch it could accept the feature I have:

1- P4 3.8 GHz. ((775))
2- 4 GB of memory, max 8
3- Dul 16 Nvidia PCI of graphic card
Therefore i want it accept dul core and all the latest features.

"Drew" wrote:

What socket is your P4 processor and what brand of pci video cards ?? Nvidia
or Ati ?? Posting these will get you answers quicker.....

news

Old April 16th 07, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Drew

Check out the BFG tech Nforce 680i SLI motherboard from BFGTECH.COM.....Good
board and should be what you need.....According to there latest updated
pages it is good for Vista and obviously good for your Nvidia cards as well
as memory (supports up to 8 gigs of DDR2)...Also it is a socket 755 board
and it does support your p4 as well as any Core2 duo,,Quad or Extreme
processor......A lot of info available on there site...Check it out and post
back if you want

"Drew" wrote:

What socket is your P4 processor and what brand of pci video cards ??
Nvidia
or Ati ?? Posting these will get you answers quicker.....

news

Old April 17th 07, 01:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
I.P. Nichols

"Drew" wrote in message
Check out the BFG tech Nforce 680i SLI motherboard from
BFGTECH.COM.....Good board and should be what you need.....According to
there latest updated pages it is good for Vista and obviously good for
your Nvidia cards as well as memory (supports up to 8 gigs of DDR2)...Also
it is a socket 755 board and it does support your p4 as well as any Core2
duo,,Quad or Extreme processor......A lot of info available on there
site...Check it out and post back if you want

That MB is actually is the Nvidia reference board for the 680i chip set.
manufactured by Foxcomm and branded by BFF. I have the same MB branded by
EVGA as the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI. You can get
details and scads of reviews from NewEgg.

Actually the MB I have is the AR model which was slightly modified and
updated as the the current A1 to improve the overclocking of the the QUAD
CPU family. Recently lower cost reduced function models have become
available. EVGA offers to AR owners a no cost cross shipment swith to the A1
model and they pay round trip shipping. On the AR & A1 models they have a
lifetime guarantee with cross shipping replacement but you pay to return the
faulty board. The other boards are guarantee for lesser time.

I'm totally pleased with my experience and have used it with both Vista x86
and x64. I almost never use it in x86 mode except for testing apps that I
write. I've had no driver problems. Here are details of my rig which uses a
Viewsonic vx2025wm 20.5" LCD 1680x1050 display and the 1.86 GHz Intel E6300
is overclocked to 2.9GHz and gamers usually take it up to 3.15GHz and use 1
or 2 Nvida 8800 video cards in parallel using SLI. When the time comes I'll
switch to a Quad and increase the memory by either 2 or 4 GB and I've got 4
spare SATA connectors. ;)

EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68 AR (P27)
C2D E6300 @2.9GHz 1.25 v (QDR 1660)
Zalman 9500 /w SpeedFan controlling CPU temp
2GB OCZ2P800R21G @830MHz 2.00v 4-4-4-2T
WD Raptor 74GB & WD Caviar 500GB SATA II
Optical NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A ATA
Case Antec T1050BX /w 500W SmartPower 2.0
Vista x32 Business /w EVGA 7600GT video

Old April 17th 07, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
I.P. Nichols

"I.P. Nichols" wrote:

I'm totally pleased with my experience and have used it with both Vista
x86 and x64. I almost never use it in x86 mode except for testing apps
that I write.

Opps! should say "almost never use it in x64 mode" ;)

Old April 17th 07, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sall

I looked at this motherboard I think it's perfect, but I want you to confirm
if it is, and if it suite the feature i have:

1- P GHz. ((775))
2- 4 GB of memory, max 8
3- Dul 16 Nvidia PCI of EVGA 8800 GTS e-Geforce graphic card
Therefore I want it accept dul core and all the latest features.

The motherboard i found:

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-TR NF680i SLI, S775, PCI-E(x16), DDR2 533/667/800/1200,
SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX

Old April 17th 07, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Drew

Good choice and I say go with it..I personally went with the Intel Bad Axe
board D975XBX2 due to the fact of ATI crossfire support,,also running Intel
2.66 Core2 and 4 gigs of Kingston HyperX DDR2 800..Thermaltake Armor
case,,Twin 160gig sata drives in a raid format and Vista Business...System
Rocks !!! Very Stable and Very Fast !!!