HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Old April 15th 07, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
LarryC

Default HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Ever since installing HID Non-User Input Data Filter "Optional Update" It has
been conflicting with my ATI Catalyst Drivers for the x1950xtx dual videos
and have been randomly getting the "ole" blue screen during boot of Vista
x64. Of course when I do manage to boot Vista it points to the updated ATI
drivers as the offending cause and has been driving me nuts until I had to
reinstall Vista due to a BIOS update and through deduction found that the HID
update was the cause.

Without the HID update I no longer have screensaver and all the other stuff
that goes along with it. I was told it was because of my wireless Microsoft
mouse and keyboard and it needed the HID update for screensaver to work.

Anyway, I have to live without the energy management since HID update is
conflictiong with my video drivers. I do hope a MS tech reads this because I
have no idea how to get support other than this forum.

Thanks,
Larry

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup
Old April 15th 07, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
LarryC

hmmmm something else I noticed.
In my optional update que there is a ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for
"Radeon X1900 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) which may also be the
nasty. Well at this point I'm scared to intall that one since it does screw
with the so called updated video driver from ATI Catalyst 7.3.

Oh well now I have no idea if the HID is the nasty now.
If I do reinstall HID and find it be my problem, is that one of the updates
that I can uninstall?

Thanks,
Larry
Old April 16th 07, 12:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Joe Guidera

To obtain support for your purchased product (assuming this is not OEM) you
can contact Microsoft Support by phone, email or chat from
www.microsoft.com/support and selecting one of the options located under
"Need more help?"

If this is an OEM copy of Vista you should contact the manufacturer of your
machine for support.

Joe

Old June 11th 08, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
[email protected]

for all the people that have the problem of screensaver not working with
any wireless product - the fix is simple -go to, control panel -system-
hardware -device manager- human interface devices-- HID NON-USER INPUT
DATA FILTER -- right click on it and select update driver -- once done
- to test it and see if it works by setting your screen saver to 1
minute -- but i know it will work - HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY !!!!!

's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51088
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=729688

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 4th 09, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Hayley925

Hi,
I don't have HID Non-User in my device manager. I have HID compliant
device but it says the driver is up to date but my screen saver still
won't play. I downloaded the HID Non-user cab file but I don't know
what to do with it. I kinda expected it would auto install on my Vista
but no such luck. Any ideas would be very welcome

--
Hayley925
Hayley925's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87559.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 30th 09, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ebby1

I don't know if this will help, but I also had HID compliant device on
my computer. I right clicked on it and then clicked update and it
updated to HID Non-User. Now my screen saver works perfectly.

--
Ebby1
Old May 30th 09, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Hayley925[_2_]

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately it says my driver is up to date