Vista Banter

-   -   5.1 Surround (http://www.vistabanter.com/41118-5-1-surround.html)

1BadAssZ28 April 23rd 07 01:04 AM

5.1 Surround

When I Bought My Computer My 5.1 Surround Sound Worked Just Fine.
Recently I Had To Reinstall Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit.
My Surround Sound No Longer Worked I Updated Drivers And Now My Speakers
Don't Work At All.
I Can Roll Back Drivers And They Work But Only In Stereo
I Have An EMachine T5224 With A Sigmatel Sound Card

Steve Urbach April 23rd 07 02:32 PM

5.1 Surround

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:04:01 -0700, 1BadAssZ28
wrote:

When I Bought My Computer My 5.1 Surround Sound Worked Just Fine.
Recently I Had To Reinstall Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit.
My Surround Sound No Longer Worked I Updated Drivers And Now My Speakers
Don't Work At All.
I Can Roll Back Drivers And They Work But Only In Stereo
I Have An EMachine T5224 With A Sigmatel Sound Card

Welcome to the world of Vista (lack of full functionality) older
hardware drivers.

Check E-machines web site (if the card was pre-installed by them),
otherwise, try the chipset (Sigmatel) maker.

FWIW Drivers are slowly becoming available for more older products.

Check the manufacturers support FAQ. Sometimes they give a Vista
driver update time table for "legacy" products.